Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Family - Unit 2 Full Exercise (Grammar)

UNIT - 2

Family

Family

Class 12 Unit 2 Family Full Exercises | NEB Grade XII Compulsory English Note | NEBdesk |



  Grammar 

      

A. Study the given sentences carefully.


a. Please read this letter for me. I can't see without my glasses.

b. After working for a couple of years in China, I can speak Chinese now.

c. When he was 40, he could earn a six-digit salary.

d. After six hours' climbing, we were able to reach the summit.

e. Yesterday, I lost my keys. I looked for them everywhere but I couldn't find them.



B. Choose the best answer to complete the sentences.

a. 'How much was your parking ticket?' 'Fifty rupees.' 'Oh well, it could have been worse.'
i. could have
ii. must have 
iii. should have 

b. It might have got lost in the post. These things happen sometimes.
i. can't have
ii. might have 
iii. must have 

c. 'Sorry I'm late. I got delayed at work.' 'You could have called. I was really worried about you.'
 i. must have
ii. could have 
iii. would have
 
d. 'I don't think he meant to be rude.' 'He must have said sorry.' 
i. must have
ii. might have 
iii. would have

 e. 'Whose signature is this?' 'I don't know. It should be Manoj's. That looks a bit like an M.' 
i. must 
ii. could 
iii. should 


f. I had it when I left the office so I must have lost it on the way to home.
i. mustn't have 
ii. must have 
iii. should have 

g. You might think it's funny, but I think it's pathetic.
i. might 
ii. should 
iii. could

C. Complete the following sentences with appropriate endings. Use correct modal verbs.
 
Example: 
She could be a doctor; however,…………….……………. 
She could be a doctor; however, she preferred to be an advocate. 

a. At the end of the course, students must submit their assignments.

b. If you want to earn a lot of money, you should spend the money smartly
c. You were not in your house yesterday. You must have been with your colleague.

d. I'm quite busy tomorrow. I will not be able to attend the party. 

e. When you were a small kid, you must have been notorious.

f. My car is broken. I should get it repaired. 

g. I've got fast speed internet at home. I should not let it go to waste. 

 h. Even though she didn't study well, she might have passed the exam.

i. There are plenty of newspapers in the library. You can pick one if you want.
 
 j. What do you think you were doing, playing on the road? You could be harmed by
 accident.

k. I have no time. I should try asking permission for a break. 

l. You don't look well. You must be sick. 




Post a Comment

0 Comments